As a woman, you must have an income source in this day and age. It is not just because of standing the violence against financially dependent women but for the self-esteem and self-recognition. You may have been doing a job for a long time, but when the pandemic broke out last year, you must have understood your job may not be sufficient.
Job does not provide you with financial security. Your employer can make you redundant at any moment. This is why many of you have started thinking about business plans. Owning a business provides a sense of financial security. You are your own boss, so you do not have to report to anyone.
It is up to you how much you hours you want to work. Well, it seems a lot easier than it is. The real challenge is to come up with a business idea that works out. There are various ideas you can peruse for your business, but you must have skills to pursue it.
Business ideas with little investment for women
Most of the time you have great business ideas and you have skills to implement those ideas, but you do not have enough money to invest in them. Stop chasing for high investment business ideas because there are various ideas that require no investment.
Share your knowledge in exchange for money. Education industry is the largest growing industry. Though schools were closed during the pandemic, online classes were on. Now you do not need to have a physical office to provide an educational service. Online medium is the great way to make money. You can offer your services anytime from anywhere. You can become an online tutor.
- If you have some experience under the belt as a subject teacher, you can invite students to provide them with online classes.
- You can become an online English tutor. If you have a good command of English, you can teach students of other languages. You can also create a YouTube channel to provide Grammar classes.
- You can start an online course as well. LinkedIn is the best platform to invite people to participate in the course. It can be anything ranging from how-to tutorials to webinars. These courses can be about writing, graphic designing, SEO, digital marketing, and the like.
You can sell your writing services without shelling out a lot of money in the form of investment. All you need to do is to grab clients. Various platforms like Freelancer, UpWork, and Fiverr are out there where you can create your profile and market your services. LinkedIn is also a great platform to build network and get work. If you are passionate about writing and you know how to play with words, this is a great business for you.
- You can become a freelance writer. You will have to write web content, blogs, press releases, and so forth.
- You can own your personal blog. You do not have to sell your service to a client because you are creating your own blog. If you create a top-notch blog, the traffic will grow and so is your income.
- You can assist PhD scholars in writing their dissertations and theses and charge a good amount of money for your service.
Most of the people struggle with financial management and often need some sort of financial advice. Though they can get a lot of information online, it is disorganised and sometimes does not fit their goals. Here comes in a financial advisor. If you have a certification or licence, you can become a financial consultant immediately.
- As a financial consultant, you can help people with budgeting, debt management and investment.
- You can create your own financial blog to share information with people. It is not necessary to own a licence to run the blog.
- You can provide virtual assistance to your clients when they need a piece of advice from you.
- LinkedIn is the great platform where you can showcase your skills to grab more clients.
- You can maintain your presence on YouTube or any other social media platforms so people can know about you. With increased traffic and followers, you will get money from these platforms too.
If you love cooking, you can turn this hobby into a great business. This is a kind of business that will always be in demand. This evergreen business can help you make a lot of money without investing a penny.
- You can take orders for birthdays, anniversaries and funeral.
- If you are good at baking a unique type of cookies, you can sell them to bakeries nearby.
- You can prepare meals that are very rare in your area like vegan food and sell them to students living in hostels and PGs.
- YouTube platform is a great way to market your service. You can share a couple of recipes. When people get to know about you, they will likely place an order.
- You can start taking orders from people even though you do not have a restaurant. Create an online restaurant to get orders and prepare food at home to deliver at their doorstep.
Online store with drop-shipping
Online store with dropshipping is the one that allows you to sell a third-party’s products. You do not need to buy product, nor do you have to maintain the headache of shipping. You will be displaying the items sold by third party.
Once the customer places an order, the product will be directly shipped to them at their doorstep and you will earn a good amount of money. When you run an online store with dropshipping, your profit is what you charge your customers minus what the dropshipping company charges you.
The final word
There are various business ideas that you can pursue to own your business. Ideas mentioned above do not require you to invest money. However, some business may require very little investment. For instance, if you want to run an online store, you need to buy a domain and hosting plan. The annual subscription will be based on the plan you choose, but you do not have to invest money more than that.
As your business grows, you can invest in physical space and for that you can take out business loans for women. However, make sure that you have a good credit score at the time of borrowing money, so you do not end up getting money at higher interest rates.
No matter what kind of business you start, make sure that you have skills at doing so. The more knowledge you have about a field you have chosen, the more likely you will stay ahead of your competitors.